Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Panda

I could not wait to blog about this Photoshop piece! I will get right into it!


The reason that I am so excited for this piece is because I did it entirely myself. I can't say the idea was absolutely original, but I followed one particular tutorial as a guideline. Additionally, a friend of mine suggested the idea for a panda, and I ran with it. I used shapes and the pen tool to complete the entire project. The only part that actually has a texture and an altered image, so to speak, is the lettering. This is different than a lot of my pieces, because most of them incorporate photo manipulation, whereas, I completely constructed this from scratch using just the pen tool, some Photoshop effects (such as the gaussian blur for highlights and shadows) , the tutorial, and my reference images. Below I will display what I used as reference.



The various reference gave me the ability to see where realistic shading would be, as well as the ability of how to make a realistic snout. As you can see, the third image provided me with the shape of the panda. If any of you are interested in doing the tutorial or trying to create your own fuzzy creature, the link can be found here: Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment